- Quartz Composer
- Knowledge of the Input Splitter object, first read the preceding tutorial.
The project file and Quartz Composer patch created for this tutorial can be downloaded here.
Step 1: Add an Input Splitter to your QC patch and use the inspector to set it to the type of data that will be passed to VDMX.
Step 2: Use the contextual menu (right-click) for the Input Splitter and select the option under 'Publish Outputs'.
- Supported data types are numbers, booleans, indexes, images, and colors. When applicable be sure to set the range.
- The rendered output from your patch show in the Viewer will automatically be available as a published image within VDMX, no need to create an extra image output for this.
- Mouse clicks from preview windows in VDMX are passed in to the patch same as the Viewer the Quartz Composer editor.
Step 3: Choose 'Open Assets Folder in Finder' from 'Help' menu and move the composition in the plugins folder. The patch now shows up in the list of available plugins.
Step 4: Load the patch from the Plugins section of the Workspace Inspector.
Like the standard built-in plugins the plugin created for your patch will appear in its own window along with an automatically generated interface controls for any published input splitters.
- Published number, boolean and index outputs will be available as data-sources to control sliders, buttons, and other UI items.
- Published color outputs can be used to control Color Picker UI items.
- Published image outputs are available as video streams in receiver menus.