Step 1: In the Layer Source window choose the desired input type from the 'Use Source:' pop-up menu.
- Live Inputs: Video digitizers, cameras & capture boxes.
- CoreImage: Useful generators such as Checkerboard.
- FreeFrame: FreeFrame or FFGL generators plugins.
- Text: Create text clips for displaying strings on a layer.
- Quartz Composer: Useful demo patches.
- Layers: Use the current frame from another layer, before or after FX, as a source.
- Plugins: Some plugins may publish output video streams.
- Window Inputs: Capture the contents of open window from any application as a video stream.
- Syphon: Receive published video streams from other Syphon enabled applications.
- Web: Load a web page on the current layer.
Step 2: To add a built-in source to a page in a media bin as a clip, use the contextual (right+click) menu.
Clips that use built-in sources can be triggered in the media bin like any other media file.
Tip: Set custom thumbnails in the File Inspector.