One of the most powerful features of Quartz Composer is its ability to be extended by sharing compositions and 3rd party objects.
After experimenting with standard set of included objects, check out some of these sites for more examples, tutorials, and custom plugins written by other developers that you can use to get more out of Quartz Composer:
- http://kineme.net/ - KIneme makes Quartz Plugins that greatly extends both VDMX and Quartz
- http://v002.info/ - Vade's site with QC plugins and examples
- http://kriss.cx/tom/ - Tom "Bangnoise" makes datamosh, time delay and other plugins.
- http://www.iloveqc.org/ - Tutorials and artist features
- http://machinesdontcare.wordpress.com/ - The amazing Toneburst
- http://quartzcomposer.com/ - repository for patches
- http://www.quartzcompositions.com/phpBB2/ - repository for patches
- http://1024d.wordpress.com/ - excellent Quartz plugins and blog
- http://www.noiseindustries.com/fxfactory/ - extremely useful QC plugins